Cub Scout Pack 136
Pack 136 is looking for boys and families who are looking for adventures. Cub Scouts is for boys entering grades 1 to 5. Cub Scouting has ideals of spiritual and character growth, citizenship training and personal fitness. The Scout Oath is a pledge of duty to God and family. The Scout Law is a simple formula for good Cub Scouting and good citizenship. The Cub Scout motto, “Do Your Best,” is a code of excellence. We believe in involving families and Cub Scouting provides opportunities for families to work and play together and have fun together.
- May Pack Meeting: Wednesday, May 17th from 6:30 to 8:00 pm at the Epping Elementary School
- June Pack Meeting: Wednesday, June 21st from 6:30 to 8:00 pm at the Epping Elementary School
If you would like information about joining Cub Scouts, please contact our Cubmaster, Jeff Falkingham at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Boy Scout Troop 136
The Troop will be having a fundraiser on Saturday, May 13th at the American Legion. It is a type of yard sale. The boys will be selling space for people to bring their own tables of items to sell as well as accepting donations of items for the boys to sell. If you are interested in purchasing space or donating items and have not been visited by a Boy Scout, you can contact Dawn Patten at 702-0872. We would like to thank the American Legion for allowing us the use of their facilities for this fundraiser!
Our schedule for May and June is:
- May 4 - Committee Meeting at Epping Community Church
- May 13 - Yard Sale Fundraiser at the American Legion
- May 27 - 28 - Backpacking Camp Out at Camp Straw
- May 29 - Memorial Day Parade
- June 1 - Committee Meeting at Epping Community Church
- June 17 - Indoor Rock Climbing in Nashua
The following awards and rank advancements were awarded at our Spring Court of Honor:
- Second Class Rank: Chris S., Nathan M.
- Star Scout Rank: Patrick M., Andrew T.
- Camping Merit Badge: Andrew T.
- Citizenship in the Community Merit Badge: Patrick M., David M.
- Snow Sports Merit Badge: Logan S., Nathan M., Chris S., Blake Y.
If you have a son who is interested in Boy Scouts, please call Scoutmaster Stephen Sylvain at 682-4801.
Submitted by Pat Oumansour
Epping NH Police Explorers
This is a hands-on program for youth ages 14-20. It is for those interested in a career in law enforcement or related fields in the criminal justice system. The program promotes growth through character development, respect for the rule of law, physical fitness, good citizenship and patriotism. Please join us in helping to support this local youth program as well as the Child and Youth Program of the SAL.
Youth 14 -20 may join the Police Explorers by calling 679-5122.